2020 Information Coming Soon.
2020 Information coming soon.
The ECA Student Ambassador Program is designed to provide Undergraduate students with the opportunity to, without paying registration fees, attend and participate in the ECA convention and experience an academic service opportunity. It is a wonderful chance to learn about academia while adding a service element to the Ambassador’s résumé or graduate school application.
This is a competitive selection process and a limited number of Ambassador slots are available to only the best applicants.
Applications due: March 1, 2020 (early application is encouraged)
The Student Ambassador Role and Benefits
- serve in an administrative or potentially a supervisory role during the convention
- serve a minimum of 10 hours of time that will be contracted with the First VP or Executive Director
- receive a special invitation to attend one Executive Council meeting (attendance is not mandatory to receive this scholarship)
- work on tasks such as coordinating with fellow Ambassadors to work on special projects or convention planning, serve as a liaison between First VP and hotel staff, oversee student volunteers, interact with IG chairs to record panel attendance, assist with logistics, or other duties coordinated between the First VP and the individual Ambassador
- be identified on Convention badges
- have registration fees waived for ECA 2020, which should be listed on future résumés and applications as “Recipient of the ECA Student Ambassador Scholarship”
- leave with official letter of recommendation related to their tasks from ECA president
Student Ambassador Requirements
- Ambassadors must be currently registered at a collegiate institution and be in good standing with that institution
- Ambassadors must be available to attend the Convention for at least 2 days (day and time availability will be considered in the application review)
- Ambassadors may sit on no more than 2 regular session or USC panels total but will have time to attend numerous panels and events
- Ambassadors must behave and dress professionally (in professional/office work attire) during both convention attendance as well as after hours events during the days of the convention and while completing Ambassador tasks
Applications are due March 1, 20209 (early application is encouraged) to First VP, Jennifer Waldeck. The student should fill out the online application linked below and submit it. The next step will be to register for the convention when it opens in February - no application will be considered until the registration is complete. (if a student is selected as an ambassador, the convention registration fees will be waived and refunded) and then fill out the application.
For additional information, please contact:
First Vice President & Primary Convention Planner