Communication Quarterly is an academic journal published by the Eastern Communication Association (ECA).
Published first in 1953, under the title Today's Speech, Communication Quarterly includes over 50 volumes, has been edited by nineteen scholars from around the nation, and continues to publish the finest quality research in the communication discipline.
Communication Quarterly is produced by Taylor & Francis. The journal's T&F Web site is found here.
CQ Editorial Policy
Communication Quarterly, a scholarly, academic journal sponsored by the Eastern Communication Association (ECA) publishes refereed manuscripts extending the understanding of human communication. Communication Quarterly is philosophically committed to an eclectic approach and to the publication of high quality articles. Manuscripts considered for publication may be research reports, rhetorical studies, critical analyses, state of the art reviews, reports of topical interest, supported opinion papers, and other essays related to the interest groups of ECA and its affiliate organizations. Manuscripts may be philosophical, theoretical, methodological, critical, applied, pedagogical, or empirical in nature. While Communication Quarterly is supported by ECA, a regional communication association, it has a national and international readership. Hence, submissions from diverse geographic areas and cultures worldwide are encouraged.
CQ employs a process of blind review, although the editor reserves the right to return without benefit of review manuscripts that are outside of the mission of the journal, are deeply flawed, or which do not conform to the guidelines listed below. Although the editor is ultimately responsible for the quality of the journal, manuscripts will typically be reviewed by at least two members of the Editorial Board, or other reviewers as the editor deems appropriate. The recommendations of the reviewers provide the foundation for final judgments regarding the publication of manuscripts. The journal is dedicated to timely reviews. Authors can expect that the review process will normally be completed within three months following the date of receipt by the editor.
CQ Submission Guidelines
Submitted manuscripts must be the original work of the author(s), and may not have been previously published or currently under consideration by any other journal or publisher, inclusive of on-line publications.
Other submission guidelines:
- Manuscripts should not typically exceed 30 double-spaced, typed, 81/2 x 11 pages, inclusive of tables, notes, and references.
- Submissions should include an abstract of 100 words or less and a list of relevant key words/concepts.
- Figures should be camera-ready.
- Manuscripts should be devoid of author identifications. Submissions should include a separate file with the manuscript's title page including author(s) name, current institutional affiliations, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Submissions should conform to either the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (5th ed.) or to The Chicago Manual of Style (15th ed.) for all questions of style and documentation, including the documentation of electronic resources.
- Research that involves human participants must have been conducted in compliance with all regulations of the Department of Health & Human Services, including voluntary participation, informed consent, deception, and debriefing. CQ reserves the right to request certification of compliance from authors.
CQ Submission Address
Note: Submissions to Communication Quarterly is now accepting manuscripts.
Communication Quarterly receives all manuscript submissions electronically via their ScholarOne Manuscripts website located at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/RCQU. ScholarOne Manuscripts allows for rapid submission of original and revised manuscripts, as well as facilitating the review process and internal communication between authors, editors and reviewers via a web-based platform. For ScholarOne Manuscripts technical support, you may contact them by e-mail or phone support via http://scholarone.com/services/support/. If you have any other requests please contact the journal at email@example.com.
For any questions or information about submissions, contact the editor:
(incoming) Communication Quarterly, Editor
La Salle University
Editorship January 2016 to December 2018